The time has finally come. The dress rehearsal is over and it’s time to hit the stage. First we want to say thank you so much for being a part of ChoreMonster’s private beta. We’ve spent the past 5 months learning how to make our product the best it can be through your great feedback. We’ve laughed together, cried together and completed 300,000 chores together (well, you guys did that we just watched you complete that many chores, not literally watch, but we watched the stats that said you completed that many chores).
So, the real question is: What happens now? No, we’re not “pivoting” to be a strategic social marketplace of gluten free green microfunding supercars (who would ever do that)? The truth is, we’re launching to the public! This means a ton of new features, many of which you inspired, as well as membership access. Here’s the haps:
- Parents Mobile app! That’s right, you’ll be able to manage your child’s chores and rewards directly from the iOS app. This will be available on January 1, 2013.
- Memberships! Purchasing a membership for ChoreMonster gains your child access to a the Monster Carnival. The Monster Carnival is a special place for your child to win new monsters and in the near future gain access to games, puzzles and virtual goods in the Monster Marketplace, among many other things. Each chore your child completes earns them a single ticket to spin the wheel and win monsters and consolation prizes in the Monster Carnival (without a membership your child will still be able to complete chores and gain points towards rewards, but will not earn tickets). You will be able to try out all of these new features for free until the new year.
- Design and User Interface Improvements! We’ve improved the design for both parents and kids to make the process of managing chores more fun and simple. Kids have a more complete overview of their chores (with the added ability to see a photo what chores are due), rewards and monsters. Parents will have improved insights into the chore activity of their kids through informative statistics and email overviews.
- Sounds! The Kids app will not only be more interactive and exploratory but will also have fun sounds. Sorry, no fart sounds…yet.
- More Monsters! More and more and more smelly, silly, fat, thin, small, tall chore experts to teach your kid how to have fun.
- A LIFETIME SUPPLY OF HUGS! While we can’t actually give you a lifetime supply of real hugs, consider them a virtual version of a real-life hug. We also don’t know how long your lifetime is, or our lifetime for that matter. We hope it’s a long, long time. Wow, we just got really depressing there. HUGS! Ok, we’re good.
As we transition to our public launch on January 1 2013, we’re introducing all of these features and more.They will only be accessible to members, but for being such an awesome beta tester we’re offering your first year of membership for half off! A YEAR! HALF OFF! You’d be insane to pass this up. This offer expires on December 31st, 2012 after which it will forever disappear from awesometown. Hurry! GO! DO IT! WHY ARE YOU WAITING!? No really, we’d love you forever if you did (or at least for a year guaranteed) Click here or a monster will eat a puppy.
Thanks to each of you for giving ChoreMonster a try and we’re excited for you to join us on our chore adventures.