Last Modified: February 2, 2018
ChoreMonster, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy does not apply to information collected on any third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from ChoreMonster software and services.
Children Under the Age of 13
ChoreMonster takes protection of your family’s personal information very seriously. ChoreMonster will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. In order to register and create a ChoreMonster account, you must be 18 years of age or older. ChoreMonster may collect limited personal information about children under the age of 13 (namely, an email address), but only from the registered adult user of the account. That email address will be used only to send the child notifications related to birthday greetings, chores, rewards, and monsters (which is not yet active) and never any solicitations or newsletters. The child’s email address is not required to use the software and services and we do not share it with anyone. You may view, update, or delete your child’s email address at any time by logging into your parent account.
ChoreMonster operates a separate login-in page for use by children designated by the registered adult user. The software and services do not allow a child to make personal information publicly available. Third-party advertisements are not presented in the Kid’s section of the site.
If you believe we may have obtained personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will investigate and delete any such material.
The software and services do not allow a child to make personal information publicly available. If you believe we may have obtained personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will investigate and delete any such material.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about the registered adult users of our software and services, including:
- Information you provide to us.
- Information we collect as you navigate through our software and services, including usage details, IP addresses, cookies, and web beacons.
- Information we receive from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms through our software and services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our software and services, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our software and services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our software and services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our software and services.
Usage Details, IP Addresses and Cookies, and Other Technologies
Usage Details and IP Addresses As you navigate through our software and services, we may also collect details of your visit, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our software and services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our software and services.
Web Beacons. Pages of the ChoreMonster Website may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on the Website and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the Website.
While user-generated content such as profile pictures, chores, and rewards is not shared outside of the parent/child accounts, you are nevertheless responsible for any of that content that you contribute to be so shared and do so at your own risk.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To present our software and services in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your hardware.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
We may also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or to provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form).
We do not disclose your personally identifiable information to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregated information about our users (for example, we may report to them that 500 men aged under 30 clicked on their advertisement on a given day). We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. Even though we only disclose aggregate information that is not personally identifiable to advertisers without your consent, when you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement there is a possibility that the advertiser may assume that you meet the target criteria they selected.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information that you provide via our software and services to the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Contractors and service providers we use to support our business.
- To a buyer in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or any other form of sale of some or all of ChoreMonster’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by ChoreMonster about its customers is among the assets transferred.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of ChoreMonster, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Promotional Offers from Third Parties. If you do not wish us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form). You can also always opt-out by logging into our software and services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used for promotional purposes by the Company, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form). You can also always opt-out of receiving e-mail information from us other than the e-mail informing you of the completion of user registration, correction of user data, or change of password by logging into our software and services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and update your personal information by logging into our software and services and visiting your account profile page and making changes. If you have forgotten your password, once you have tried to register and failed, you can click on the “Forgot your password?” link to reach a page on which you can submit your email address. A link to reset your password then will be emailed to you.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. You can, however, change or delete any personal information about your child that you have shared with us (i.e., email address) by logging into your account and choosing the appropriate options.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our software and services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:ChoreMonster, Inc.
1401 Central Pkwy
Cincinnati, OH 45214
In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU and Swiss individuals, received pursuant to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, ChoreMonster is potentially liable.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, ChoreMonster commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. European Union and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact ChoreMonster at:
ChoreMonster has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider. If we have not been able to resolve your complaint, please contact or visit JAMS for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you. The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over ChoreMonster’s compliance with the Privacy Shield as well. Finally, under certain conditions binding arbitration may become an option to resolve a complaint. More information can be found at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction